How to Choose the Right Smartphone the Smart Way
It wouldn’t be wrong if I say that smartphones have managed to give a new dimension to our lives, and have actually changed our lifestyles big time. The reason behind this statement is the fact that we have become increasingly dependent on smartphones, as they offer things we just cannot refuse.
Smartphones have made our lives extraordinarily easier. They help us do so many important things regardless of where we ever. They have made managing our business and connecting to our loved ones exceptionally easier and perfectly normal.
However, regardless of the benefits they come with, choosing the right smartphone can be a tricky task for sure. Some people feel that a higher price means a better smartphone for them, but it may be nowhere near it indeed. An ideal smartphone is rather a subjective matter and hence a right smartphone may mean different products for different people.
There are some important factors you can keep in mind though, while going out to find the right smartphone for you. They are:
Identifying the need
This is indeed the most basic and important things to analyze before deciding on a smartphone. As the features of different smartphones varies, it is important to decide on what one expects or needs from a smartphone or what things he would need to get done using one on a regular basis. Also, these are pretty expensive things so don’t go wasting tons of cash on buying something very costly which you want be able to use to the fullest. Instead, match the features of various smartphones with your needs. This will be a much more effective option to shortlist some smartphones to choose the best one from.
Just for an example, imagine that you just need to make and receive calls, and send and receive messages and emails from your smartphone. In such a case, you won’t need something with a long list of features, but rather something that is –
- Lightweight – Will make it comfortable while calling, messaging and emailing frequently.
- Has a considerable screen size – Will make it easier to type messages and emails quickly.
- Comes with the latest Internet options – If you need to log in and out of your mail account quite often, then you may be looking for getting a smartphone that supports the fastest versions of the Internet like the 4G and similar ones.
The other features someone who is looking for the perfect smartphone out there according to his needs may need are:
- Sharing photos and videos: If you are someone who likes connecting with your friends the perfect way, you may need a smartphone that allows installation of apps that in turn, allow you to share photos and videos for free, and in a quick way. Even a 4G or such type of Internet enabled smartphone will be needed, as sharing these things, especially the videos, is not possible over a slower Internet connection.
- Photogenic? Need something more then: Yes, if you are someone that loves to click photos every now and then you need a smartphone that comes with an exceptionally high quality camera. You may even need a front camera, so consider that as well.
- Need one for business needs? There’s a lot for you as well: If you are someone who needs to travel a lot and still keep in touch with the ins and outs of your business, then a smartphone that comes with a lot of pre-installed useful business and finance apps is the way to go. Such apps may include the ones that allow you to view and edit Microsoft word and excel files, besides many others. They may also help you save a lot of bucks buying such extremely costly paid apps. Also, you may prefer a good type of smartphone keyboard as well, coming with a wide arrange of auto correct and auto suggest words, enabling you to type considerably faster.
Choosing the best brand
There is a reason why smartphone buyers throughout the world place so much importance on choosing the best or most reputed and popular smartphone brand. A better brand simply equals higher quality, and can be quite long lasting. You obviously don’t want to go with something that will cease working or encounter various problems within a very short period of time. One of the other important things to look for is customer service. You may want to go with a brand offering superior after sales customer service rather than one that follows a sell and forget method.
Thinking around that word called “Budget”
Well, there is no use trying to search for the best one offered by the most popular or reputed brands and coming with features that leaves you gazing open mouthed at it, if its price is something far within the reach of your budget. Unless you are willing to throw loads of cash on the table, consider going with a smartphone that is cheap, but comes with the important features you need and a great customer service all the same.
Picking the right operating system
A few years back, this point is something one wouldn’t give a damn about. However, with the advent of various different operating systems over the past few years, which come with their own share of pros and cons, it has become one of the most important things to consider as well. If you are someone buying a good smartphone for the first time, then the general advice always happen to be going with the newbie friendly Android operating system. A newbie never usually goes wrong with it. However, if you are someone using Android for years now and need a break big time, then Apple’s iOS, Blackberry OS, or even the Windows OS won’t disappoint you. How to choose the perfect one from these? Again, it’s a subjective matter. Do not forget the fact that deciding on a smartphone is a highly subjective matter so forget about getting specific and perfect advices from your friends or even the Internet.
Regardless of how subjective choosing a right smartphone is, the above given tips are sure to help anyone looking to buy a smartphone for the first time, or looking to experience a change by replacing his current one.